This project was based on a clear design-led premise: To allow the maximum possible light into a lower-ground / partial basement flat. The aim was to create a spacious, modern design, combining openness with privacy.
Challenges included: Major structural / Basement works with close surrounding residents in a quiet residential area and keeping good relations with neighbours during the works.
We were able to work closely with both the clients and their Architect: Ben Smith, to deliver a beautiful new flat to a demanding specification.
Principal works included:
- Extensive structural works and basement excavations: Substantial underpinning throughout. (approx. 40m2)
- Construction of a substantial extension (approx. 40m2)
- Creation of outside garden patio area. This required underpinning of boundary walls to create a relaxing area bounded by large-scale glazing units.
- Use of Sweet Chestnut cladding to create a contemporary exterior.
- Joinery units included: The kitchen with storage, Central Kitchen Island,
- Full decoration throughout to high standard.