Lovelace Rd_SE21: Project Details
This project required the construction of a basement in order to create a two-story ‘Granny Flat’. Initial works included fully supporting the existing detached residential property, then excavation with full temporary works propping. Difficult access presented an additional challenge for soil removal. Major structural support was required throughout as all sections of the new ‘floor’ were located in the main support walls of the existing property. Fit-out included completely new services throughout including underfloor heating. The addition of a bespoke balcony (where the original rear door had been!) added a finishing touch to the project.
- Large-scale temporary support to existing property as excavation carried out via limited access.
- Full waterproof tanked ‘Delta’ system with dual pump protection added.
- New floor included: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom + 1 utility room.
- Full fit-out of services, including: electrics, underfloor heating, hot/cold supplies and drainage.
- Installation of bespoke staircase, new suspended floors, acoustically isolated ceilings.
- Full finishing works: Decorating and final electrics. Installation of kitchen and bespoke worktops